If you want to improve comfort and bathroom safety, the best toilet seat riser is your best bet. Using a toilet isn’t always a safe and comfortable experience. This is especially true if the toilet seat is positioned too low for you to be able to sit comfortably.
If you have health conditions such as back pain, trouble standing, or limited mobility, it may be hard for you to bend over and sit down on the toilet. If this sounds like a familiar situation, an elongated toilet seat riser can help.
These booster devices are generally placed over your existing toilet, helping you raise the seat by 2 to 6 inches. This affordable method is designed to help people who need assistance using the bathroom safely and comfortably.
No major modification is required to your existing toilet and most models fit both elongated and round toilets. For added support, some seat risers come equipped with metal arms on each side.
Made to be comfortable and secure, an elongated toilet seat riser is great for elderly and handicapped people. Also, it is ideal for medical facilities and senior citizen homes.
Since elongated toilet seat risers come in different styles, shapes, sizes, designs, and features, it is important to shop around and find one that best meets your needs.
- 1 Comparing the 5 Best Toilet Seat Risers
- 2 1. Vive Raised Toilet Seat – Elongated Toilet Seat Riser with Arms
- 3 2. PCP Raised Toilet Seat – Best Toilet Seat Riser for Elderly People
- 4 3. HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat – Most Affordable Option
- 5 4. Vaunn Medical Raised Toilet Seat – Most Portable Seat Riser with Handles
- 6 5. Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser – Hinged, 2-Inch Toilet Seat Riser
- 7 Toilet Seat Riser Buying Guide
- 8 What are Toilet Seat Risers?
- 9 User Feedback & Reviews: What People Have Been Saying
- 10 When to Get a Toilet Seat Riser
- 11 Get the Best Toilet Seat Riser For Your Needs
Comparing the 5 Best Toilet Seat Risers
|Vive Raised Toilet Seat|
|PCP Raised Toilet Seat|
|HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat|
|Vaunn Medical Raised Toilet Seat|
|Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser|
1. Vive Raised Toilet Seat – Elongated Toilet Seat Riser with Arms
A toilet seat riser with handles like this one is great for people who experience pain while bending over. Whether you recently had surgery or simply have special needs, this product will give you the comfort you need.
This raised toilet seat can be installed without any sort of expensive tools. It is also more durable than average. It even comes with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer so that you can have the peace of mind that it will last.
2. PCP Raised Toilet Seat – Best Toilet Seat Riser for Elderly People
- PCP 7007 elevated toilet seat; Doubles as a stability safety frame & raised toilet seat
- Ideal for patient recovery from knee, hip fracture, back, lower body surgery, strains, muscle injury
- Medical grade, lightweight and portable moves between bathrooms; Easy to remove when not in use
- Designed for limited mobility, seniors, the disabled; Simple to clean for assisted living caregivers
- Ships pre-assembled; Includes molded plastic seat with bottomless splash guard to direct waste into toilet; Seat height adjusts 18 to 23 inches; Overall width 21 in; Width between arms 18"
If you need a medical toilet seat riser which has above-average security features, this is a great option to look at. This product has a very strong metal frame which included padded handles. This also is why many people see it as the best toilet seat riser for elderly people.
People searching for a nice handicap toilet seat riser often pick this one since it has a medical-grade frame which is great for long term use and safety.
3. HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat – Most Affordable Option
- ADDS 5 INCHES IN HEIGHT to toilet seat, making it easy to sit and stand
- UNIVERSAL SIZE fits most standard toilets 14.5 X 15 X 5
- SLIP RESISTANT with 4 pads that adhere to the toilet bowl
- DURABLE supports up to 250 pounds
- PRODUCT SPECS made of molded, unbreakable polyethylene. Made in the USA
If you aren’t as concerned with having safety handles on both sides of the seat, as an example, an affordable option like this one may fit your needs perfectly.
This product also stands out for its small and lightweight design which can easily be moved to different toilets. Many people see this product as the best RV toilet seat riser since it is so small and easy to take on the go.
This toilet seat riser can raise your seat up to 5 inches and has a slip-resistant design which makes it safe enough to sit on without the extra frame and handles.
4. Vaunn Medical Raised Toilet Seat – Most Portable Seat Riser with Handles
- WIDE & COMFORTABLE RAISER - Unique ergonomic design adds 4" of height extension to your toilet seat to make it easier to sit down or get up from the toilet. Our premium elderly assistant toilet seat riser is intended for individuals that might be handicapped or disabled, experience limited mobility in daily activities, may be pregnant or seniors with bending or sitting difficulties
- SECURE & SAFE LIFT - Anti-slip surface, push pins and locking mechanism ensure a secure fit on the toilet bowl rim. Removable padded grab bar handrail handles ensure a comfortable grip and seamless edges provide a better sitting experience to maximize safety and security
- DURABLE & HYGIENIC - Toilet seat riser is ADA compliant and made with heavy-duty molded premium plastic that is germ-resistant and can withstand frequent long lasting use
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE - Weighs less than 5 lbs. Easy to store or to travel with for added convenience. Contoured seat is designed with a wider size surface for added comfort, stability and peace of mind while taking care of personal necessities in the bathroom
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING. Tool-free installation. Lift up the toilet seat and install. The adjustable toilet seat riser fits on most standard toilets (16.5") and elongated toilets (18.5"). Easy to clean and wipe
Since it weighs only 5 pounds and easily moves to different locations, this is a great toilet seat riser with arms for those who need a little more portability. Best of all, this product has an ergonomic design which is very comfortable to sit on.
This seat riser packs a little more punch than one of those sub-par 2-inch toilet seat risers we see on the market. This seat riser will elevate your seating position up 4 inches and easily move to different locations.
5. Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser – Hinged, 2-Inch Toilet Seat Riser
- Contains (1) Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser. Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser adds 3.5" of height to your toilet to aid those with bending and sitting difficulties. Weight capacity is 300lbs. Features hinged design for easy cleaning. Fits under toilet seat.
- Carex's Hinged Toilet Seat Riser is a simple solution for those with bending or sitting difficulties. It adds 3.5" to your toilet seat, making it more comfortable to sit & stand. The added height makes it easier to bend & sit without discomfort or pain.
- Installing safely & quickly between your toilet bowl and existing seat, the Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser is an easy choice for those with mobility issues making it difficult to sit & stand, providing support where it's needed & comfort where it's wanted.
- The hinged seat of the Carex Hinged Toilet Seat Riser makes it easy to clean, just like a regular toilet seat. The riser fits most standard round toilets for support bending and standing whether during surgery or injury recover or for chronic conditions.
- Compass Health Brands has been a leading manufacturer of Respiratory, Pain Management and Home Medical Equipment for over 20 years with one goal: to provide innovative, high quality products that enable consumers to live healthier, more independent lives.
Hinged toilet seat risers like this one may require a little more installation than other models but are also above-average in terms of things like durability and the quality of user experience.
Due to the versatility of this product’s design, it can be used as an RV toilet seat riser, elongated toilet seat riser, round toilet seat riser, and much more. If you want a 2-inch toilet seat riser, in particular, this is one of the best options.
Although this model adds 3.5 inches of height, those who want their seat riser to add 2 inches high find this to be a suitable compromise. After all, it is very sturdy and sits permanently on your toilet seat with hinges.
Toilet Seat Riser Buying Guide
- Sizing & Installation: Although many models like the HealthSmart Portable Toilet Seat Riser boast universal size compatibility, it’s always best to start by looking at the size of the product.Make sure your favorite option fits onto your exact toilet shape and size. You should also look at the installation requirements so that you won’t have any issues getting it set up.
- Enough Height: Usually, a toilet seat riser that boosts the seat up 5 inches is enough. However, toilet seat risers can also come with more or less height than this. Figure out how much extra height you need in advance so you can get the best toilet seat riser for your needs.
- Safety Features: People who buy toilet seat risers are usually trying to fight pain from bending over and sitting down. It is also common for people to get a toilet seat riser because of the safety features it provides. Many of the best toilet seat risers come with handles and frames which make them a lot easier and safer for the user.
- Portability: Certain toilet seat risers are designed to be portable and easily moved to new locations. Then, there are also seat risers which install more permanently on your toilet and aren’t easy to take on the road. Decide which type of seat riser will work best for your needs.
What are Toilet Seat Risers?
The average toilet seat sits at a height which the normal person would consider a comfortable sitting position.
As those of us with chronic pain know, though, the average comfortable sitting position isn’t always at the most comfortable height.
If you encounter chronic pain and discomfort while bending over to sit down in the restroom you don’t need to keep things this way.
Toilet seat risers provide a simple solution for those who encounter pain and discomfort while trying to use the restroom.
Toilet seat risers, as the name implies, raise the height of your seat. This makes it a lot easier for many people to sit down painlessly. Toilet seat risers can also sometimes come equipped with handles to help you stay safe and secure.
Great for Pain Relief & Medical Assistance
The most common reason for people to get a toilet seat riser is for pain relief. They are designed specifically to assist people with disabilities, handicaps, chronic pain, and elderly people.
People in wheelchairs, for example, often use a toilet seat riser with handles to minimize the potential of falling. If you have mobility issues, you may also want to consider buying safety rails for your toilet.
Circular & Elongated Toilet Bowl Compatibility
Typically, people have a round or elongated toilet bowl. These are the two standard bowl sizes that most toilet seat risers are designed to work with.
Although certain models can be used on both elongated and round toilet bowls, some of the best toilet seat risers require one particular toilet bowl shape.
Either Permanent or Portable
Depending on your needs, you will need to decide whether you want a model that installs permanently or one which can easily move to different toilets.
Models that are permanent tend to connect directly to the hinges of your toilet. Portable models don’t connect to the toilet at all, and will instead use non-slip material to keep you secure on the seat.
Sometimes Includes Handles
If you have issues bending over to sit down, getting a toilet seat riser which includes handles is a great option for you to explore.
This will give you the extra support you need to comfortably move into the seat. Handles can also make it much easier for you to stand up after you are finished.
If you need the extra balance and support while using your new toilet seat riser, you should find a model with handles.
Many Potential Heights
Toilet seat risers usually are designed to raise the seat height to a particular level. Unless you want to spend a little more money on a model with adjustable height, it’s usually best to determine how much extra height you need.
People usually have great results with models that raise the height anywhere between 2 to 5 inches. Due to the many potential heights which exist, getting a toilet seat riser to perfectly suit your needs is a simple task.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Have Been Saying
The people who purchase the toilet seat risers like the ones featured here almost always report back with a positive experience.
If you do a great job shopping around and comparing the different options in advance, you will probably have good things to say later on.
People with rheumatoid arthritis, as an example, report back saying that a toilet seat riser makes it much easier to use the restroom. Elderly people tend to have the best experience with models that come with handles and other safety features.
One of the common complaints people have is that the toilet seat riser doesn’t fit securely on their toilet.
Usually, this can be avoided by doing plenty of background research on the different options and finding one which perfectly fits your toilet shape and design.
People with bad experiences can often be frustrated with the size of the seat itself. It is also common for people to complain about a model that doesn’t support their weight.
It is also common for people to complain that their toilet seat riser shifts and slides during use, rather than staying in one stable position. Typically, the best way to avoid this is to get a hinged toilet seat riser or one with a strong and stable frame.
Most Common Praises
Typically, customers will have the most to say about the price of the model. Since there are models that don’t have handles or a frame and are instead designed to stick on to the seat, toilet seat risers can often be very affordable.
In particular, people who don’t need extra security and safety features such as a handle or frame tend to marvel most over the affordability of these toilet seat riser models.
This is most true when an affordable model adequately provides the comfort and pain relief they were lacking previously.
When to Get a Toilet Seat Riser
There are many circumstances where it is a good idea to get a toilet seat riser. The most common circumstance is when you have pain problems and simply need the extra height to get seated comfortably.
People who are handicapped, in particular, are common toilet seat riser users. Moving from your wheelchair to the toilet seat, as an example, can be much easier with a toilet seat riser.
It is also pretty standard for hospitals and other medical facilities to have toilet seat risers available since they are considered to be assistive technology for elderly and disabled individuals.
Get the Best Toilet Seat Riser For Your Needs
In most cases, those who spend enough time considering the features described above and shop around carefully will find a toilet seat riser which best suits their needs.
People can sometimes fail to consider basic features like the size and width of the seat, the weight capacity, and so on.
If you want to join the long list of people who love their toilet seat riser, the most important thing for you to do is to understand what your needs are and spend plenty of time shopping around for the right price and features.
This way, you can sift through all the options which exist and purchase the best toilet seat riser to suit your needs from an informed standpoint.